Back in October 2016 I posted a step by step instruction for creating a basic contact application using the PowerApps preview designer with the new Dynamics 365 connector.
Today, I provided an encore presentation for the CRMUG. So, in preparation for the webinar, I went back through the steps using the new production version of the PowerApps studio. As I guessed, some fantastic updates to application were deployed, which prompted changes and new screenshots for our original application. Our original post was updated reflecting the changes as of today.
I am sure there is a more comprehensive list somewhere, but listed below are a few the differences & improvements I found useful for updating my contact application.
- The default Dynamics 365 contact app now includes a refresh icon/functionality.
- The 'Theme' functionality is no longer on its own Design tab. It is on the Main tab, but isn't readily discoverable if your window is too small.
- The PowerApps team added support for multi-environments. Learn more at https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-environments/.
- You can now search for advanced properties. Super nice!
- More properties are exposed in the ribbon, making it easier to change them without having to go and search in the Advanced tab.
- Added an application description field. Doesn't sound like much, but when you start creating a lot of applications, it is nice to have more context about them.
- The default icon size appears to be larger than the preview. We still recommend using the search icon and sizing it the same as the text box height, but added some padding to make it look better.
- Overall performance of the client was improved. I am sure they are still making further improvements, but the latest version was noticeably faster than the preview.
Should you need to submit ideas or help with your apps, please use the following forum link: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Community/ct-p/PowerApps1
There two forums for you, support and ideas.
The PowerApps team uses these sites for feedback and will forward any Dynamics 365 connector questions to the Dynamics team where appropriate.