Today's guest blogger is Rachel Sullivan, a Senior Consultant at Sonoma Partners
CRM allows you to easily update fields on records using their bulk edit functionality. Records that you can query and return back in a list/grid can all be edited using this functionality.
However, since it’s currently not a field on the Opportunity form, there is no way to update the Business Process stage using this native bulk edit feature. However, fear not, as Sonoma is here to provide a workaround on how to edit this field using native export/import.
In order to update the Business Process Stage using this workaround, follow these steps below.
1. You’ll first need to find the unique identifier of each process stage (the GUID). To accomplish this, use Advanced Find to identify the opportunities that you would like to update.
3. Edit the columns and include Process Stage
4. Click Results and from this view, you can see all of the unique Process Stages and their GUIDS
You will need to match each unique GUID with the Process Stage Name. The easiest way to do this is to open a record of each unique Process Stage value, view the Process Stage name. Do this for each unique Process Stage.
- d3ca8878-8d7b-47b9-852d-fcd838790cfd = Propose
- 650e06b4-789b-46c1-822b-0da76bedb1ed = Develop
5. Once all GUIDS are gathered, you’ll need to export the records that you’d like to update. When doing this, make sure to check the box that makes the file available for re-import (note that with CRM 2015 Online Update 1, all records are automatically exported for reimport and this step isn’t necessary. This should come to CRM 2015 On Prem in the fall). Save the file locally and open it with Excel.
6. Once in Excel, copy and paste the GUID of the business process stage (that you’d like to change each record to) into the Process Stage column. Save the file and import back into CRM.