Microsoft just released Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. As a reminder, the first two update rollups were released on:
You can download Update Rollup 3 from www.microsoft.com/downloads now, otherwise it will be automatically available via Windows Update on August 9th. Update Rollup 3 is a cumulative update rollup that includes all the fixes for the issues that are documented in Update Rollup 1 and Update Rollup 2. In addition, Update Rollup 3 contains the following additional fixes (none of which require manual configuration):
- Assume that you import a plugin method in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. You publish the customization. In this situation, when you start the plugin method, you receive the following error message:
An error has occurred.
- The search results for system views in the Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook are not compliant with the search results in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM web client.
- When you run a custom report that uses a primary entity and secondary entities, the values in the date and time columns are displayed incorrectly. The columns that should be displayed in the date-only format, are displayed in the date-and-time format instead.
- Assume that you enable the http compression setting on the Dynamics CRM server. In this situation, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client does not receive responses for SDK calls as compressed. This problem occurs because the Outlook client does not send an "EnableDecrompression" http header with the request.
- The Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook initiates background send requests to the CRM server. This behavior can cause high server load and reduce performance because these requests are not throttled. This fix throttles these background send requests.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create a custom entity that has a custom icon.
- You create at least two records that begin with the letter "A."
- You create a "1 to many" relationship from the custom to another entity.
- You expose the Lookup field for the relationship to the custom entity in the related entity.
- You log on to a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook Client that connects to the environment through IFD/Claims.
- You clear the Microsoft Internet Explorer cache.
- You create a new record for the related entity.
- You run the auto-resolving lookup function by using the letter "A" for the custom entity.
In this situation, you receive a warning message that states there are multiple matching records. Additionally, the icon does not appear.
- The Help files are updated.
- Assume that you configure the Dynamics 2011 Client for Outlook. You browse to the Account folder or the Contact folder. In this situation, when ribbons and menus are rendered, you experience slow performance.
- The Start Date field in the Fiscal Year Settings dialog box does not display the date that is converted according to the user time zone settings.
- The Value for the Set this computer to be the synchronizing client in the Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook will appear to be different if you open the personal settings dialogbox by clicking the Options button in the Track In CRMpane on an email or appointment. Additionally, if you select the Set this computer to be the synchronizing client check box, the dialog box becomes unresponsive.
- Some duplicate attribute labels exist. Therefore, it is difficult to map data on imports.
- The Russian translations of the Create column heading and the Delete column heading are incorrect in the security role permissions.
- When you send a Direct Email message to a large dataset, duplicate email messages are generated.
- When you add a user in a multi-site domain, you experience slow performance after you click Save.
- Assume that you enable the auditing for the Contact entity. If you use a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook, an auditing log is displayed every 15 minutes or every time that the Outlook client is synchronized with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
- Some translations for the Slovenian language are incorrect.
- Assume that you specify a comma (",") as the decimal separator in the personal format settings. When you enter a decimal custom value in a Duration field, the value is rounded unexpectedly.
- When you export a static excel worksheet with non-English operating system settings, the Currency values are multiplied by 10,000.
- When you export a Duration field to a Microsoft Excel worksheet, the value in the Duration field is displayed as text instead of as a number.
- If an organization starts a large number of asynchronous operations, the async service allocates many resources to process those requests from the organization. In this situation, other organizations will have an increasing backlog of asynchronous operations. This fix introduces a new deployment setting to limit the number of items that can be processed by a single organization at one time.
- Metadata cache access for one organization is blocked if another organization is loading metadata.
- Assume that you create a contact who has a 200-character email message in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. When you upgrade the system to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you receive an upgrade error.
When you create a contact who has a 200-character email message in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, an internal server error occurs.
- When you add a URL that contains a query string parameter to a sitemap area or a subarea in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, the URL is rendered incorrectly.
- Some Swedish language translations are incorrect.
- Assume that you have a contact who has the Business Phone filed populated with a value. When you add a new phone call activity by using the ribbon from the Activities area, the Phone Number field is not populated in the phone call activity.
- When you import a solution, some entities are not imported. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
- Cannot change the max length of the owneridname attribute.
- When you view the file properties of some files by clicking the Details tab, the value in the Company name field and the value in the Product name field are blank.