Earlier today we blogged that we uploaded the Microsoft CRM to Dynamics GP User Guide. Literally 30 minutes after we updated the website, Microsoft re-released the Dynamics GP Connector software and user guide! So please download the latest guide (dated October 2006) instead of the one we posted earlier today (that was dated March 2006).
Key upgrades in the re-release version:
- Support for integration to both US versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP as well as international versions.
- Support for Microsoft Dynamics GP eConnect 9.0 SP1 and SP2. (Dynamics GP SP2 will be released this quarter but it should be compatible)
The Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Guide is divided into three parts:
Part 1: Overview and Installation
- Chapter 1: Introduction.
- Chapters 2 and 3: Overview and installation of Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP. These chapters cover the supported server platform configurations and installation procedures.
Part 2: Integrating Entities
- Chapters 4 through 6: These chapters are designed to help you understand how entity data transfers occur with customers, accounts, contacts, products, orders, invoices, and pricing.
Part 3: Customizing, Operating, and Troubleshooting
- Chapter 7: Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP tools. This chapter details how to use each tool that is included with Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Chapter 8: Customizing Integration. This chapter explains how to customize integration and provides examples.
- Chapter 9: Operating and Maintaining. This chapter describes best practices on how to maintain your integration system.
- Chapter 10: Troubleshooting. This chapter describes the issues that may occur when you install or use Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP and the steps to take to resolve those issues.
You can obtain the actual connector software here: